During the Xbox E3 briefing, a small chunk of the conference showcased upcoming indie titles coming from [email protected] and Xbox Game Preview. With the usual indie game montage, we can expect to see games like Yooka Laylee, The Culling, Hand of Fate 2 and Stardew Valley on Xbox. I personally would’ve liked a release date for Cuphead, or even some more gameplay, but I guess we have to wait even longer :(. Chris Charla, the director of [email protected] also announced that over 1000 indie games are in development for Xbox One and Windows 10.
Here is a list of games from the trailer:
- Cuphead, StudioMDHR
- Outlast, Red Barrels
- Deliver Us The Moon, KeokeN Interactive
- Flint Hook, Tribute
- FAR, Mixtvision Digital & Mr Whale’s Game Service
- Slime Rancher, Monomi Park
- Shadow Tactics, Daedalic Entertainment & Mimimi Productions
- Figment, Bedtime Digital Games
- The Culling, Xaviant
- For The King, IronOak Games
- Beacon, Monothetic
- Stardew Valley, Chucklefish
- Hand of Fate 2, Defiant Development
- Below, Capybara Games
- Raiders, MercurySteam
- Bloodstained, INTI CREATES & ArtPlay
- Yooka-Laylee, Team17 & Playtonic
- Everspace, Rockfish Games
We also got a short gameplay trailer for Inside, developed by Playdead, the same studio that gave us Limbo. This side-scrolling puzzle platformer releases June 29th, 2016, and to celebrate its launch, all Xbox One players can get Limbo for free.
Xbox Game Preview gives players early access to games that are still in development. They have announced that Ark: Survival Evolved will join Xbox Play Anywhere, giving existing players a free copy of Ark for Windows 10 releasing later this year. New games will be joining the Xbox Game Preview program including Slime Rancher, The Culling, Everspace and DayZ. Compulsion Games showed some off some colourful, yet creepy gameplay of We Happy Few, which will be joining the program next month.