Today at CES, Nike and TomTom unveiled a GPS powered SportWatch it “will provide athletes with the most dynamic and motivational running experience in the world thanks to its unique functionality, beautiful design, and direct connection to www.nikeplus.com”
The SportWatch GPS works in tandem with the shoe unit to provide highly accurate pace and distance data.
On-watch features include:
- Tap Screen for setting laps and activating backlight
- Run History with data from past runs
- Personal Records including those imported from Nikeplus.com
- Quick Start with optional shoe-based Nike+ Sensor
- Heart Rate Monitor compatibility
The Nike+ SportWatch GPS is scheduled to be at retail stores and online in the U.S. and the U.K. beginning April 1. Broader distribution is scheduled for July 1.