If you’ve been hesitant to use JailbreakMe because your worried, you should’nt be, but either way here’s a step by step guide on how to do it! And if anything goes wrong just restore your device from your backup. This jailbreak is compatible with iPhone 4, iPad, iPod touch 3, iPhone 3GS and almost every other iDevice running iOS 3.1.2 or above. And finally, you should restore if you are already jailbroken.
- Backup your iDevice with iTunes. Also, make sure your battery is nearly fully charged or you’re plugged in
- On your iDevice open Safari. Then enter the address: http://jailbreakme.com
- On the website ‘Slide to Jailbreak’, just as you would at the iPhone’s lock screen.
- Now a screen should pop up saying Downloading. This should take only a minute or two on a good connection. After it’s downloaded it’ll say Installing. Wait for this to finish.
- You’ll now be met with a screen saying:
6. Restart your iDevice. Yes, this is untethered!
7. If your iPhone no longer has MMS or FaceTime, according to Comex, just go to Cydia and when prompted Update.
If you have any other problems tell us in the comments and we’ll try to help.