iPhone 4 new problem: bursting into flames

By on

Okay, you may have a one in a million chance of this not happening to you. But yes, unlike the microwaved iPhone 4 we featured earlier, this one burst into flames after its owner connected it to the computer using the included USB cable for your computer.

And yes, it no longer works.

Turns out, the phone – not the owner – probably had a defective USB port. According to Boy Genius Report, the source figured this out after the phone bezel was extremely hot and the customer’s hand was slightly burned. That, and the most obvious – the cable is melted. Very melted.

We do hope, for his sake, he actually got a new iPhone 4 – and hopefully, got one that does not spontaneously combust when plugged in.