Microsoft is doing some catch up after saying that it will launch an application store market for its Windows Mobile platform after Google saying it will do the same thing last week for its Android platform.
Called ‘Skymarket’, it is expected to launch later in the year for the mobile OS, and we could expect that it will be an apps store after a job posting was found on Computerjpb.com to find its product manager. Some of their key responsibilities, according to the ad, included:
- Definition of the product offering, pricing, business model and policies that will make the Windows Mobile marketplace "the place to be" for developers wishing to distribute and monetize their Windows Mobile applications
- Responsibility for the business model and key elements that will drive the optimal experience for developers and monetization of the service by Microsoft
- Preparation and driving the cross group collaboration for the initial launch of the marketplace offering to the developer community this fall
- Preparation and driving the cross group collaboration with stakeholders in the commercial launch of the marketplace service with the launch of WM 7
- Work closely with product planning on prioritisation of consumer, developer, and mobile operator scenarios