Google buys contextual ads company for $140 million

By on

Google is in the process of buying the Russian contextual ad company ZAO Begun for $140 million from the UK-registered Rambler Media, according to TechCrunch.

While the ad company is a Russian company, many firms have based themselves in the UK; with Rambler owning 50.1 percent of the company. Basically, Rambler will buy the other 49.9 percent from Bannatyne Limited and then sell the firm to Google.

As well, Rambler will also use Google Adsense’s services for Content and Search.