Telstra has said that it would only sell the iPhone in 15 stores nationwide on Friday Morning, including its T-Life branded stores in George Street, Sydney and Bourke Street, Melbourne. The two stores will open two hours early than usual, at 6am on opening day.
It also raises questions that the telco currently has a limited supply, which could lead to problems in fulfilling the demands to the iPhone.
Optus, however, will open its Sydney store at midnight – only limiting those who have made a deposit to buy the phone. Vodafone also has plans to celebrate the launch, however will do it early in the morning.
The other thirteen stores are:
- Canberra Centre, Canberra (ACT)
- Macquarie Street, Dubbo (NSW)
- Casuarina Shopping Centre (NT)
- Todd Mall, Alice Springs (NT)
- Queen Street Mall, Brisbane (QLD)
- Sunshine Plaza, Maroochydore (QLD)
- Marion Shopping Centre, Oaklands (SA)
- Bathurst Street, Hobart (TAS)
- Moorabool Street, Geelong (VIC)
- Chadstone Shopping Centre (VIC)
- Westfield Doncaster (VIC)
- Hannan Street, Kalgoorlie (WA)
- Morley Galleria, Collier Road, Morley (WA)