iPod sets pants on fire

By on

A Douglasville man has now found out how hot the iPod can be, and we are not making this up…

His old iPod nano caught on fire, leaving a burn hole from “his 15 seconds of flame”. “So I look down and I see flames coming up to my chest,” said Danny Williams to WSBTV, “I’m still kind of freaked out that after only a year and a half my iPod caught fire in my pocket.”

The iPod uses a lithium-ion battery – the same one that is being recalled by laptops for bursting into flames. In 2006, a major recall was done after it was found that the lithium-ion batteries made by Sony were able to combust into flames. Apple was one of the companies affected; as well as Toshiba, Acer and Lenovo.

Apple has said that they will replace the iPod.

Join the Newsletter

Subscribe to get our latest content by email.

    We respect your privacy. Unsubscribe at any time.