Vivitek has introduced at CES a new pico projector – the Qumi Q7. It weighs only 3.1 pounds, is only 6.3-inches wide by 4.3-inchs high, and has a native resolution of 720p HD; but despite the size, it can display content in 3D. Yes, this pico projector is a 3D projector. It also has the ability to do 2D-to-3D content conversion. Connectivity options include 2 HDMI ports, a VGA-in port, composite video, RCA Audio-in and USB connectivity ports; and other specs includes 4GB of on-board memory, 2W surround sound speakers, and a bulb that has up to 800 lumens of brightness. It should be out in Q3 for US$999. Press release below:
LAS VEGAS–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Consumer Electronics Show 2013, Booth: South Hall #20842 — Vivitek Corporation, a leading manufacturer of innovative visual presentation products, introduces the latest in its line of Qumi LED-based pico projectors. The Q7, the company’s new Qumi product, increases Vivitek’s family of projection devices for a wide range of applications and expands its LED-based projectors.
Weighing in at 3.1 pounds, the Qumi Q7 delivers up to 800 lumens of brightness with an LED light source that gives it up to 30,000 hours of operation time. And, not only is it 3D-ready via Texas Instruments’ DLP® Link™, but the Q7 integrates 2D-to-3D content conversion technology for standard and Blu-Ray 3D playback. The Qumi Q7 features the unique touch sensitive button controls and sleek design that is familiar with the Qumi family of projectors. It is ready to be used with a variety of devices, including, but not limited to, digital cameras, laptops, smart phone and tablets.
Qumi Q7 Key Features & Specifications:
- 720p/native WXGA (1280×800) resolution
- Up to 800 lumens of brightness and a 30,000:1 contrast ratio
- 3D-Ready (via DLP Link) and a DLP pico chipset from Texas Instruments
- Integrated 2D-to-3D content conversion technology
- 3.1 pounds; Dimensions: 6.3”(w) x 4.3”(h) x 1.3”(d)
- 30,000+ estimated LED hours of operation
- Connectivity options include: HDMI (x2), VGA-In, Composite Video, Audio-In RCA and USB; 4GB of on-board memory
- Built-in Microsoft Office® and Adobe™ PDF document reader
- 2W surround sound speaker
- Available Summer 2013; estimated MSRP $999.00(USD)
“With the addition of the Qumi Q7, Vivitek continues its goal of bringing portable and energy-efficient projectors to the market. We want to bring a complete line of projector models to fit just about any need and application,” said Tinh Ho, senior product manager at Vivitek. “Hours of operation, brightness and picture quality are key factors for consumers, and the Q7 incorporates LED and other technologies and features, such as 2D-to-3D conversion, into the Qumi line to ensure that this family of projectors is versatile enough to meet consumer demand.”