NETGEAR yesterday announced pricing and launch of the D6300 WiFi Modem Router – its first router with support for the upcoming 802.11ac standard (currently at draft). Designed to “meet growing customer demand for better and faster wireless… in the home”, it claims to produce up to speeds of 1600Mbps on wireless.
The router also features a separate gigabit Ethernet WAN port with the standard ADSL port – making it NBN-ready and users don’t have to reconfigure their home network or replace their router because it cannot support it. And of course, you get the standard NETGEAR stuff included – if you like it or not – such as ReadySHARE (creating a private cloud) and AirPrint support.
The D6300 is out in stores from next week with a price tag of $399. Press release below:
SYDNEY – 18 September, 2012 – NETGEAR has today announced the availability of the NETGEAR D6300 WiFi Modem Router, Australia’s first ADSL2+ 802.11ac integrated router. The latest addition to NETGEAR’s family of high-speed 802.11ac wireless devices, the D6300 is designed to meet growing customer demand for better and faster wireless on internet-enabled WiFi devices in the home. Supporting both integrated ADSL and a gigabit WAN Ethernet port, the NETGEAR D6300 WiFi Modem Router is a single, power-packed device that enables consumers to access ADSL, fibre or cable broadband using the world’s fastest WiFi technology.
With wireless speeds up to three times faster than the previous standard, the NETGEAR D6300 WiFi Modem Router supports combined WiFi speeds up to 1600 Mbps.* This makes the D6300 the perfect router for HD video streaming and gaming throughout the home. Like other NETGEAR 802.11ac WiFi Routers, it is compatible with next-generation WiFi devices, while offering backwards compatibility with current WiFi devices for a complete future-proof solution.
“With an integrated ADSL modem, the D6300 offers a simple and convenient solution to make the most of high-speed internet with the best WiFi network in the home,” said Brad Little, senior director of consumer channels, NETGEAR Australia and New Zealand. “With the launch of the industry’s first 802.11ac modem router, the D6300 reaffirms NETGEAR’s position as number one provider of premium networking devices.”
The NETGEAR D6300 WiFi Modem Router also includes a separate gigabit Ethernet WAN port, making it NBN-ready for connecting to fibre optic broadband or high-speed cable. Consumers can switch between cable, fibre optic broadband or ADSL without having to reconfigure their home network or replace their router.
The NETGEAR D6300 WiFi Modem Router also supports NETGEAR’s ReadySHARE® Cloud service, which enables users to create a secure private cloud to access and share files over the internet. By attaching a USB external storage device to the router, NETGEAR ReadySHARE Cloud makes your files available to transfer, edit or share anywhere, anytime remotely via your smartphone, tablet or PC.
The D6300 WiFi Modem Router joins a range of 802.11ac solutions, making NETGEAR the only home networking company to offer a complete suite of next generation WiFi products. This includes:
- NETGEAR R6300 WiFi Router: the industry’s first 802.11ac router, which supports combined WiFi speeds up to 1750 Mbps
- NETGEAR R6200 WiFi Router: which supports combined WiFi speeds up to 1200 Mbps
- NETGEAR A6200 WiFi Adapter: a first-to-market 802.11ac dual band WiFi USB adapter, which enables 802.11ac performance on existing PCs or laptops
Advanced features of the NETGEAR D6300 WiFi Modem Router include:
- NETGEAR Genie®: This free app for PCs, Apple® Macs®, iOS® and Google® Android® smartphones and tablets enables users to control, monitor, repair and manage their home networks easily through a simple, elegant dashboard. NETGEAR customers can download the utility at http://www.netgear.com/genie or from the Google® Play or App Store.
- NETGEAR MyMediaTM: The NETGEAR Genie mobile app provides the ability to find photos, video or music files anywhere on the network and play them on a DLNA media player.
- AirPrint TM Support: The NETGEAR Genie app enables users to print on any USB or networked printer directly from an Apple iPad® or Apple iPhone®.
- Guest network access: The NETGEAR Genie app makes setting up a guest network simple. Guests and visitors can go online through the router without the need for secure login information. The guest network also prevents users from seeing and accessing a household’s computers, printers, storage devices and other home network devices.
- ReadySHARE Printer: This feature makes it easy for the router to turn any existing USB printer into a fully functional networked printer that is compatible with Macs and PCs.
- Media Server-DLNA: The NETGEAR D6300 WiFi Modem Router is DLNA-ready and can stream to any DLNA-compatible device in your house, including the latest smart TVs, Blu-ray® players, media players, game consoles, handheld devices, tablets and more.
- NETGEAR Live Parental Controls: A centralised, flexible, and reliable parental control solution for all the devices on the network, including Macs, Windows PCs, smartphones and tablets, for a safe online environment for children and teenagers. No subscription is required.
- Automatic WiFi Security: The integrated router comes with wireless security turned on out-of-the-box, complete with a pre-configured network name and password, protecting home WiFi networks by default.
- Easy Installation: There’s no CD required, so users can set the router up with smartphones, tablets, ultrabooks and even MacBook Air®.
Pricing and Availability
The NETGEAR D6300 WiFi Modem Router will be available next week with a recommended retail price of $399. The NETGEAR R6200 WiFi Router and A6200 WiFi Adapter will be available in October with recommended retail prices of $319 and $139 respectively.