The year 2011 was one year that we will all never forget. Even though they were all in the beginning of the year, the floods in Queensland and Brazil, the earthquakes in Christchurch and the tsunami in the north of Japan are still present in all of our minds. We also saw the death of a tech luminary, Steve Jobs; and the powerful News Corporation losing its influence over politicians in the UK after the phone hacking scandal took a drastic turn from celebrities to victims of crime.
This year, we’ve decided to recap the top 11 tech stories of the year – from security problems to business failures, and even the growing popularity of Windows Phone 7.
You can explore the choices below.
- The Revolutions Heard Around The Globe
- The Catastrophic Disaster of the PSN
- Steve Jobs: 1955 – 2011
- The Phone Hacking that killed the News
- A Global War – Apple v Samsung
- A 50 Day Hacking Campaign, for the lulz
- The Rise of Windows Phone 7
- An annus horribilis for RIM and Netflix
- Palm is dead, WebOS lives on
- Social: Google enters, LinkedIn goes IPO and Timeline
- Gone Viral: Friday – an instant success amongst the haters