Ever got that feeling that you want to take your Xbox 360 with you but don’t want to use someone else’s TV, cables or speakers; or you are somewhere that you can’t get a battery source? Well, Benjamin Heckendorn (the same guy who created the 3 versions of the Xbox 360 Laptops, the Wii Laptop and the portable PS2 system) has made an Xbox 360 Portable.
But it looks like a laptop without a keyboard? Well, that’s why its been given the “Portable” moniker than “Laptop”. Heckendorn wrote in a blog post that he “figured that was a more appropriate name than laptop, because seriously, who’d put this in their lap?”
Here are some of the differences between it and the laptop:
- Removable standard Xbox 360 hard drive for easy profile/data swapping
- Both memory card slots accessible, same reason.
- No keyboard! Really, they have those chat pads, what’s the point? (Besides looking cool)
- Simplified layout of ports and buttons.
- Internal wi-fi module, no external antenna. Antenna is strung out inside unit like other consoles/laptops.
- Beveled edges! Countersunk screws!
You can find more information at his website.