It’s nearly the end of the year, and why not start by learning a quick tutorial to build up some technology knowledge. Our not-so-patented works can be found in our “Tips, Tricks & Hacks” section of this blog; but we have chosen the best tutorials to give you a heads up on what did you miss during our very first full year on TECHGEEK.com.au
- How to watch television on the internet – in Australia – While Australia doesn’t have a Hulu or a Netflix, we still have some of our television stations bringing their content on the web.
- HTML for Beginners – For social networking noobs and those who need a recap, here’s how you can make that text in MySpace look fancy, big or small – and ultimately make the design look crap or better.
- 5 Mistakes Microsoft made with Windows Vista – Jay Day presents the top 5 reasons and the solutions that Microsoft made with Windows Vista. At least we have Windows 7 to look forward to.
- How to minimize your chances of your Xbox failing – Sean Hyatt brings a nice tip on how to combat that dreaded “Rings of Death” on your Xbox 360.
- Firefox inside Firefox inside Firefox … – Why not bring up this classic tip that makes Firefox opens another Firefox, inside the first Firefox.
- How to get your songs off your iPod – Our most popular tutorial is this one, and was a re-write of our original tutorial dealing with the same thing. However, this one has pretty pictures and is much easier to read.
- about:config? – WTF!! – Learn how to change three things in Firefox 3 with our guide about the most editable page on Firefox, the about:config page.
Enjoy learning with these tips, tricks and hacks from our team – especially Jay and Sean for writing the third and fourth listed there.